Poly Wall® Shur-Tac™ Liquid Adhesive Primer is a polymer emulsion based adhesive which is specifically formulated to provide excellent adhesion with all the Poly Wall® waterproofing and flashing membranes under many kinds of surface conditions. It is designed for use on dry surfaces to condition them so that the substrate is suitable for the application of self-adhering membranes. Shur-Tac™ is an integral part of Poly Wall® Self-Adhering Membrane Systems. This liquid adhesive can be used on dry surfaces to condition them to be suitable for the application of Poly Wall® Self-Adhering Membranes and Flashings.
- Used to prime all structural concrete, masonry, or wood surfaces on which Poly-Wall® Self-Adhering Membranes or Flashings will be applied.
- Designed to be used in ambient temperatures and surface temperatures of 40°F (5°C) and rising.
- Used on both vertical and horizontal surfaces.
- Use when solvent based primers are not appropriate for use.
Features & Benefits
- Water Based Liquid Adhesive / Sealant / Primer
- Dries to a tacky texture
- Provides excellent adhesion when used with Poly Wall® waterproofing and flashing membranes
- Apply with a roller, brush or sprayer
- Used to prime all structurral concrete, masonry, insulation or wood surfaces on which self-adhering membranes will be applied
- Designed to be used in ambient temperatures and on a surface temperature of 40° F and rising
- May be used on both vertical and horizontal surfaces
- Available in 1 gallon and 5 gallon containers
Apply Shur-Tac™ Liquid Adhesive to a clean, dry, dust free and frost free surface at a coverage rate of approximately 250 to 300 square feet per gallon on concrete. Exterior gypsum and OSB sheathing board products will vary in texture, performance and porosity. The coverage rate for Poly Wall Adhesive/Sealants will be less than over concrete substrates. Specific testing for coverage is recommended. Other substrates may vary in coverage; please test accordingly. Spread the liquid adhesive sufficiently to avoid areas of excess material. Areas of excess material will lengthen the curing time on the application of the Shur-Tac™ Liquid Adhesive.
For best results Shur-Tac™ Liquid Adhesive should be applied and allowed to become tacky to touch, timing may vary due to atmospheric conditions.