Poly Wall® Butyl Flash Window Flashing Tapes are used to strip in or flash straight window frames, door frames, and other construction seams. Butyl Flash is a self-adhering, self-sealing tape consisting of a butyl-based waterproofing coating, laminated to polyethylene film. The flashing is supplied in rolls, with an easy to remove film release liner and is available in 20 mil thickness and a variety of roll sizes.
Butyl Flash products are used to strip in or flash straight window frames, and other construction seams, in both hot and cold temperature ranges, Butyl Flash will provide additional adhesion and can typically be used down to 15ºF.
Features & Benefits
- Specially made for both high and low-temperature climates
- Simple application: On and off the job site quickly
- Self-seals: Providing a smooth watertight surface around nails, staples, and fasteners
- Waterproofs: Inhibiting mold and mildew in sub-surfaces
- Superior adhesion: Enhancing speed on the job. Improves productivity in a variety of conditions
The sequence of installation is:
- Install horizontal strip on the sill
- Set window frame
- Adhere vertical strips to jamb flanges and sheathing
- Adhere horizontal strip to straight head flange and sheathing.
- Roll all tape surfaces with a hand roller
(See complete Installation Guidelines)