Poly Wall® WindowSeal® Window Flashing Tapes are used to strip in or flash straight window frames, door frames, and other construction seams. WindowSeal® is a self-adhering, self-sealing tape consisting of rubberized asphalt waterproofing coating, laminated to polyethylene film. The finished product is supplied in rolls, with an easy to remove film release liner. WindowSeal® is available in 20 mil thickness and a variety of roll sizes.
WindowSeal® products are used to strip in or flash straight window frames, and other construction seams. If the material is to be applied to round-top or custom shaped areas, ArcFlash™ should be used.
Features & Benefits
- Simple application: On and off the job site quickly
- Self-seals: Providing a smooth watertight surface around nails, staples, and fasteners
- Waterproofs: Inhibits mold and mildew in sub-surfaces
- Superior adhesion: Enhances speed on the job. Improves productivity in a variety of conditions
- Great elasticity: Resists cracking or tearing if structural movement occurs
The sequence of installation is:
1. Install horizontal strips on a sill
2. Set window frame
3. Adhere vertical strips to jamb flanges and sheathing
4. Adhere horizontal strip to straight head flange and sheathing. If the top is rounded, use ArcFlash™
5. Roll all tape surfaces with a hand roller
(See complete Installation Guidelines)